It is the first day of Spring! And it is snowing and windy and all together not at all springish here (not that it is ever especially springish… winter drags on with spurts of possible spring quashed with more snow, fog or cold). A perfect day to consider my to read list for the months to come. Therefore, I am teaming up with the Broke and the Bookish for Top Ten Tuesday. This week’s challenge… The top ten books on my spring to be read list.
- Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins. I am about 2/3 of the way through Catching Fire, so the obvious progression will be to read Mockingjay. I quite like the series and am far too attached to the characters.
- Toronto Notes 2012 Edition. I kind of wish this was not on my Spring to read list. I mean, I love medical books, but this is not exactly light reading about things that interest me. Well, some of the things interest me, but some make me want to do stick a scalpel in my eye (and I hate surgery, so this is quite a feat). But, it is because the LMCC is looming and I really need to get my study on… So, it is included. So sad.
- Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult. I recently ordered this from Amazon to top up an order for free shipping. I love Jodi Picoult’s books… They always get me thinking and keep me on my toes. I am sure this will not be an exception.
- The Circle book series by Ted Dekker. Patrick got this a while back and is almost done it. I have been frothing at the mouth for this book since pre-CaRMS tour. Mainly because it is so big and beautiful on the outside (see this post), but also because it sounds intriguing with alternate universe/reality stuff going on and a lot of Biblical parallels.
- Any of Emily Griffin’s books, perhaps Something Borrowed. I do not possess these books, but I keep hearing all kinds of wonderful, despite the fact that I did not think I would read them. And now I think that I will. So, I am going to hit up the library or book store or a very lovely friend to acquire and read these over the next few months.
- The Lord of the Rings series by R. R. Tolken. I once started The Fellowship of the Ring and gave it up after the first few chapters. I think I need to give it another good go. I wasn’t a big fan of the movies (stone me now), but I heard the books are better. If I can get my hands on these, they will be read this spring.
- Lone Wolf by Jodi Picoult. I know, I already have one of her books in my list. But I could read many of them because I have so many left to read. But, in all seriousness, this one is one of the most appealing to me because it deals with end-of-life care, and that is one of my big passions.
- Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer. There is something intriguing about this book to me… I think it is also a movie, that I wanted to see… But I am not sure. Needless to say, I would like to read it.
- My Stroke of Insight by Jill Bolte Taylor. Because I am a medical student and I think it is cool that she wrote about having a stroke. Because it most certainly is.
- The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot. A fascinating story about the human and technologic side of science and so much more. It looks intriguing and yet I have a feeling I will not like what I see when I actually read it.
There we have it… Ten(ish) of the books I want to read this spring.
What is on your to read list this spring?