The lovely ladies Kayla at Jars of Wonderful and NanaDoll at momtoldmetowriteabook nominated me for the Sunshine Blog Award! I am very flattered and recommend following the links to check out both of their blogs.
This is pretty exciting because, I love sunshine, I like their blogs and awards are always a good time. As a part of the blogosphere, I participate in these lovely awards because it really does help with the social aspect of things… I have found some lovely blogs through them. Also, it makes for an easy writing day (especially when I am swamped with school and house work). And it is nice to get a compliment and then pass it on to deserving folks.
The Sunshine Award comes with a few rules:
- Include the award’s logo in a post or on your blog
- Answer 10 questions about yourself
- Nominate 10-12 other fabulous bloggers
- Link your nominees to the post and comment on their blogs, letting them know they have been nominated
- Share the love and link the person who nominated you!
- I noticed that there aren’t actually ten questions about myself and considered briefly to use this as a cop out to not answer the ten questions.
- My least favourite household chore is vacuuming. Because I am terrified of the noise vacuum cleaners make. Thankfully, our current apartment does not have carpet.
- I am currently wearing a cow print apron and making cheesecake cupcakes for the MUN Med class of 2012 bake sale. I am considering donating $30 and just eating my efforts.
- One of my best friends from home is coming to visit in just a few short days and I am ridiculously excited to see her.
- We are looking at getting a cat or a dog next year after we move. Because Patrick wants company and because I have never had a pet besides goldfish (and Patrick). We are doing this despite the fact that I may or may not still be allergic to furry creatures.
- I had two pet fish that I shared with my friend V at summer camp. We named them Mac and Cheese. Mac was bigger and we joked he would eat Cheese one day. Then cheese got sick. We are unsure if Cheese was dead or alive when Mac took the chunk out of him. All we know is that Cheese was dead the morning we found him.
- I took what I estimate to be my 8th CPR course today. My favourite part (for some twisted reason) is the alternating back slaps and chest compressions for conscious choking infants. Please do not call child services… I just like the rhythm of it all. On the dummys only.
- I feel like blog awards are kind of like chain emails. I think in some ways they are annoying and pointless and feel guilty passing them on. Even though they are created in theory for support and encouragement and community development. I guess it is just what pops into my head. And it isn’t even projection. I like getting them. And value giving them. They are nice.
- I am currently about to start the last book of The Hunger Games series. In a strange way, I am procrastinating starting it. Partly because I am busy and partly because I don’t want to finish them. Though I could just read them again…
- I have recently been suffering from insomnia. Quite likely stress induced. I am not very well adjusted to the whole not sleeping thing, so it is really strange to me. I generally pass out within minutes of hitting the pillow and sleep until morning. But not lately. It is foolishness. Sleep is so not overrated.
Fabulous and sunny bloggers you should check out:
- Sugar and Scrubs
- Views and Mews by Coffee Kat
- One Girl…
- Life of a Boiled Egg
- Gospel Apprentice
- My Blog
- This Joyful Journey
- Colours of Color
- heart to heart
Again thank to the lovely ladies Kayla and NanaDoll for the honour of the nomination and the easy post! Remember to check out the blogs of all of the fabulous people listed!