I am one of those people who generally has to finish what I start. Regardless of what it is or how much time it might take. I am just plain stubborn like that.
This week’s Top Ten Tuesday with the Broke and the Bookish is the top ten series I have yet to finish. The thing is, I have finished most of the series I have read… At least the ones that are consecutive and obviously intertiwned. But, there are a few I haven’t. There are more that I just plain have yet to start. And thus, my list is divided into two parts.
Series I have started, but did not finish:
- Sweet Valley Twins by Francine Pascal. There are a number of series within this series and although I enjoyed the books, there was no way I read all of them. I outgrew them before that happened.
- The Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon. I read all of the original series, but not all of the new remake ones. I did manage to cover all of the Nancy Drew ones, but again, I kind of outgrew them before I got through them.
- The Babysitter’s Club series by Ann M. Martin. I thought I had read all of these, but then wondered if there were any more published after I hit high school… And indeed a small spin off series was. So, although I read all of the original books, super specials and such, I did miss out on their high school graduation book and a few other randoms in the “Friends Forever” series. Who knew?
- Little House on the Prairie Series by Laura Ingalls Wilder. Okay, actually I have read this series before, but since I am re-reading it and am on book 6, I think that means I still need to finish the series… Again.
Series I have not started and thus still need to finish:
- Circle series by Ted Dekker. Patrick has these books in a giant book. I need to read them. They have been on my TBR list since his giant book came last winter.
- The Hobbit/Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien. I picked up the Hobbit once during my undergrad, but never got around to reading it before it was due back in to the library. I still need to read it.
- The Shopaholic series by Sophie Kinsella. I have never had a big drive to read the books, but I keep hearing about them and seeing them around, so I figure I probably should read them at some point.
- Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I have never been big into the whole dystopian thing, but between Hunger Games and the blog world’s fascination with these books, I feel like I need to and want to read these.
- A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin. Again, I am not a big fantasy person either. But, I did the CaRMS tour with a few people who were big fans of these books and kept talking about them. Maybe one day I will pick them up.
- Left Behind series by Tim LaHaye and Jerry Jenkins. I had a friend in Undergrad who read all of them. He loved them. I heard all sorts of fantastic things about them. I have since heard all sorts of terrible things about them. I think I need to pick at least part of the series up (preferably from the library or another free source) to see what I think. Our church on the Rock had some of the series, but I never did pick them up because they were the last few books and I wanted to start from the beginning.
There are so many series out there, it would be awesome to read them all (okay, not all of them, because some of them sound kind of awful). But, here is a shortlist of the ones I have not finished (and may not finish just based on age and availability) and some that would be interesting to get started on.
What are some of your unfinished series?