This week’s weekly writing challenge with the Daily Post is entitled “Wrap It Up.” And, yes, you guessed it, it is another wrap-up and list sort of assignment.
I feel as if the season has those in excess. Even Facebook is jumping on board by deciding based on some sort of algorithm what your top ten most significant life events were in 2012.
Yet, I can’t help but play along.
They made some list suggestions. I decided to do a few shorter lists, just because. And they are in incriments of 7 or 3, because I like those numbers best.
I have been blogging now for a year and almost a month, so it seems that I can now do year in review things without feeling a bit ridiculous. Plus, I have been alive much longer, so life reviews are acceptable too.
Many things have changed over the past year. Most of them for the better.
All-in-all, it was a pretty good year. For proof, my top 7 life events according to myself this year, complete with photographic evidence (in no particular order):
- Graduating from med school.
- Travelling to Europe.
- Moving to the mainland (although I am still miss my lovelies from the Rock terribly).
- Starting Residency.
- We said goodbye to Jag (the car) and hello to Chuck (the car).
- We acquired a cat.
- Getting to see my three best friends and one other mother get married.
Blog-wise it was a pretty decent year too. I have to say, it is interesting to see how the blogging world works, given it was so foreign to me. I started writing as an outlet, but it has become a way to keep in touch with people and a way to share some of my views, as well as a ministry of sorts for some. My blog reads went from 143 in all of December 2011 to having days with 143 visits (okay, really it was like two random days, but they felt really good!). But seriously, far more people read what I write now and that is pretty neat.
My top 7 blog posts this year (based on views, not necessarily my personal preference) were:
- Embracing My Inner Hipster… To Avoid Actually Being a Hipster… Sort of…
- Why Getting Stabbed Might Save a Life (and why you should too)
- Playing All Day and Other Fun In Peds Emerg
- Be My Friend – My Top Ten Favourite Book Characters
- Pep Talk
- Top Ten Favourite Quotes From Books
I would like to note that it is indeed interesting how views work.
Sometimes, posts I think are lame get tons of views and some that I think are pretty decent or would be interesting get fewer. Puzzling.
And my last list (because three lists felt like a good number) is a list of the top three strangest things our cat, Jeter, is bound he will chew on:
- Patrick and I.
- Our Christmas tree and any associated ornament carnage.
- My leather messenger (“doctor”) bag.
- An honourable mention is… Paper.
I do quite enjoy list-type posts. I like organizing things out. And it was fun to look back and see how things change.
What are some memorable moments from your blog and/or real life this year?