I usually do the Broke and Bookish prompt on Tuesday, but this week’s topic is about book covers and honestly, I could care less about book covers. Really.
Then, I thought to myself that I do far too many prompts and I really need to get back to writing original content.
In theory, this is a great idea. In theory, I also have endless time where I can think of and write down my ideas. Plus, there are so many awesome prompts.
Everything in moderation.
That brings me to the Daily Prompt for today. The prompt is entitled “Inside the Actor’s Studio” which poses the ten questions James Lipton asks all of his guests (Is it an issue that I don’t know who James Lipton or what the show is? I hope not.). I love answering an organized list of questions. Love.
- What is your favorite word? I go through word phases where I over use a particular word for a period of time, often inappropriately. My current most overused word, which could thus be construed as my favourite word has been “epic.” My all time favourite, though, is still bremsstrahlung (yes, I am a huge geek).
- What is your least favorite word? Phlegm. Ugh… The word even sounds like the substance.
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? Mind in the gutter… But, on a more appropriate note, good music makes me most creative and emotional and also connects with me in a spiritual sense. I don’t fully grasp the question, but that is where I will take it.
- What turns you off? Chaos.
- What is your favorite curse word? “Sugar” just like my Mom. I have been swearing more lately… I feel like the world I exist in has been making me do this, but really it is a choice. I need to bring back more “sugars,” even though my co-workers mock me.
- What sound or noise do you love? Crashing waves.
- What sound or noise do you hate? Pager beeps.
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? I want to work at a book store or library. I want to be a book worker. I always did, but after seeing how much the Child loves her new job, I want to do it even more.
- What profession would you not like to do? Teach junior high.
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Hello” or “Welcome” might be a good start. I’d also love to hear answers to the millions of questions I have for Him and I have a lot.