It is Top Ten Tuesday day! Whoo! This week, the lovely people over at the Broke and Bookish have deemed the list of the week to be the top ten popular authors I’ve never read.
Patrick and I went on a little Chapters date on Sunday, so my mind is quite refreshed with regards to the number of authors and even more so books I need to read. I love going and marveling at the selection (and not buying because we own so many bloody books).
So, here is the list. I probably won’t read all of them immediately because one needs time to do such things. Just saying.
- Rainbow Powell. I am particularly drawn to Eleanor and Park, although Fangirl sounds kind of entertaining too. I tend to be reluctant to buy YA books until I am sure they are good for some odd reason.
- John Grisham. Patrick reads his books and I seem to be hearing about them. They aren’t quite my typical sort of book by any means, but I don’t have very much of a typical book, so it might be worth a shot.
- George R.R. Martin. Patrick is reading the Game of Thrones books right now and we have a bunch of them on loan from a friend. I’m not so sure if I’ll like them, so I am reading other things until I feel motivated to pick one up.
- Marissa Meyer. This is someone who has a lot of hype in the book blogging world and who I didn’t have much interest in reading until recently. I want to check out Cinder and maybe the other books in the series at some point.
- E.L. James. I don’t want to read Fifty Shades of Grey. It frightens me a lot. Therefore, I haven’t read what she has written.
- Scott Westerfeld. Uglies intrigues me. I just have had other books that are more available to me.
- Patrick Ness. His book covers scare me and I know nothing about him or his books except everybody has been raving about them lately. One day, I might just read The Knife of Never Letting Go. One day.
- Lauren Oliver. Delirium has been a popular title recently. Like many of the other authors on my list, I am reluctant until the books turn out to be so popular that I just “have” to check them out.
- Graeme Simsion. I hadn’t heard of him until The Rosie Project, but that book has been catching my eye for months and I still have yet to read it.
- Sue Monk Kidd. I keep seeing The Invention of Wings on displays and such at book stores. That then made me realize I also haven’t read The Secret Life of Bees. These both make me think I need to read more.
What popular authors do you have yet to read?