This week’s Top Ten Tuesday with the Broke and the Bookish is a top ten list of nonbookish entertainment… Like movies or TV shows. I am going to focus on TV shows.
- New Girl. I quite like Zoey Deschanel. I like quirky hipster geek stuff, probably because that is what I kind of identify with. The show cracks me up because it is so ridiculous and yet so possible.
- Gilmore Girls. I started watching this show because my Dad was watching it. True story. My Dad. Because Rory reminded him of me and that was funny. Eventually, I grew to like it. I love the banter and the pop culture/literature references.
- Everwood. Most people don’t know this show, but it is a pretty unrealistic show about a neurosurgeon turned family doctor who moves his family to a small town after his wife died. I loved the show when it was originally on and Patrick just got me all 4 seasons for my birthday last month.
- The Big Bang Theory. I love the geekdom that is portrayed on this show. Maybe because I exist in a world working closely with physicists and maybe because I love weird bands of nerdy misfits. Even more than that, I love Sheldon Cooper.
- Grey’s Anatomy. I mock this show all the time. I get angry at the TV, annoyed with the drama and I keep watching. I watched it from the pilot and at this point, I am just way too emotionally involved to stop watching.
- Modern Family. I like that this kind of reminds me of sitcoms from childhood, but with a few twists.
- Community. I am so excited to hear that they are going to do a 6th season on some internet based TV site. I went to a community college and I truly believe that some ridiculous stuff happens there. I know the show is over the top, but it is a brand of over the top I can deal with.
- The Cosby Show. This is a show that whenever it appears on re-runs, I will always want to watch it.
- Full House. Again a show that I will always watch in re-runs. I grew up on that stuff!
- Derek. I love old people in both books and TV. This is a fantastic comedy about life in a nursing home with some bizarre characters. It is British and the seasons are short and apparently stopping after 2 seasons (sad face) but I quite liked it.
What are some of your favourite TV shows?